Weft Care Guidelines
Your Blakk weft hair extensions and its lifespan directly relates with how well you care for them.
To ensure maximum longevity, please ensure you follow each of the care guidelines carefully.
- When washing hair ensure that you only use gentle motions, no heavy circular motions.
- Weft extensions should be applied by a qualified hairdresser to ensure correct application that will cause minimal/no damage
to your natural hair.
- Squeeze excessive water from hair in a downward motion with a towel. Do not rub in circular motions. Do not allow hair to dry naturally. Always blow dry straight.
- Ensure you only use Blakk extension shampoo & conditioner.
- Important: Do not ever use a protein based shampoo & conditioner. Protein will cause the extensions to tangle. Just one wash can cause irreversible damage. Do not deep condition. Avoid volume, deep cleaning and dandruff product types.
- Products containing Sulphate will also cause the hair to dry out. Sulphate is an inexpensive lathering agent and should be
avoided. Look for these words and do not use: Amonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Xylene
Sulfonate, TEA Dodecylbenzene etc.
- Alcohol based styling products can cause the hair to dry out and should be avoided.
Blakk extensions are not to be coloured. Maintenance colouring between appointments should only be applied to your
natural hair by a qualified hairdresser and never to extensions. Where possible hair should only be coloured between
reapplication appointments. NEVER lighten or bleach the extensions are it will cause immediate irrepairable damage.
- No permanent straightening, perming or any additional chemical service can be performed.
- Depending on the application technique of your weft, we suggest it be moved up every 4 to 8 weeks.
- Brush hair twice a day. Hold roots of your hair with one hand and brush with Blakk brush.
- Never sleep with wet or damp hair. Always sleep with hair in a plait or bun. If the hair mattes their will be no option except for
the extensions to be taken out.
- Should any knotting occur please inform your salon at your earliest convenience. This issue can be caused by incorrect
product usage, lack of brushing or over crowding of extensions.
- If you swim regularly, hair extensions are not recommended for you unless you wear a swimming cap to protect your extensions.
Salty and chlorinated water will dry out the hair and cause it to knott. Please consider this before holidaying in tropical